Tuesday 22 October 2013

THAT WAS THE BEGINNING
(Poetic Response to a short story "The Sound of Hollyhocks" by Hugh Garner)

"Rock Hudson" sat on the bed,
He was talking to plants.
And then he suddenly said:
"Hollyhocks are funny flowers"
I could not understand,
Almost anything he said,
But I agreed and shook my head.
After that day, he talked to me more,
I couldn't get him, but that wasn't all.
He talked to me quietly, and after a while,
I had his life-story up to that time,
But that's a different poem... 

 VK

6 comments:

  1. Hi Violetta,
    I like your poem; it's very nice and descriptive. Great job!! :)
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Violetta!
    I really enjoyed the use of slang in your poem, I thought that it aided in the description of what had happened. I also think that it helps the reader be more in tune with what's going on in your poem, both emotionally and mentally. Your rhyme scheme was pretty good, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of deep, the view of the Hollyhocks are well illustrated. I enjoy reading the poem!

    H.H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey~:) Your poem is really well done. I like how the details are well illustrated! I enjoy your poem a lot, and it would be better if you could have a picture to reflect the mood and atmosphere! Overall, your poem is amazing! XD

    WiNny~S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I really enjoyed your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice poem! I really enjoy your poem and details!

    ReplyDelete